Work with us
CLC is recruiting an Interim Office Administrator and Junior Researcher.
Job Title: Interim Administrator and Junior Researcher
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience
Term: The role is on a fixed-term basis (covering the maternity leave of the Office Administrator), with the possibility of extension and progression to a full time researcher role for the right candidate. The role is full-time.
Start date: Ideally June 2018
CLC, a public affairs consultancy based in Westminster, seeks a well-organised, polished, and proactive Administrator and Junior Researcher to provide support to a small busy office working with a range of UK and European clients. The role would suit a bright young graduate with relevant work experience looking to build a career at a public affairs company in Westminster. The Administrator is a critical member of the team who provides the background support that makes it possible for the other team-members to function effectively.
Administrator (approx. 60% of role)
- Organising and servicing meetings and, occasionally, conferences.
- Co-ordinating diaries, meetings, travel, accommodation etc.
- General office administrative support including filing and dealing with office suppliers and ensuring that appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- Administrative support for clients (membership or subscription-based organisations), including membership subscriptions, circulation of newsletters and other documentation (mainly electronically) and maintaining databases, group e-mail lists and websites.
- Answering all telephone calls, fielding them appropriately and taking accurate messages.
- Meeting and greeting visitors including escorting them to our offices.
- Simple bookkeeping (Sage 50 entries and spreadsheet updating).
- Monitoring policy and legislative developments from a range of European and UK sources and reporting these to clients.
- Preparation of briefing notes, meeting agendas and minutes, newsletters and press releases.
- Support for CLC's lobbying work, including preparation of consultation responses.
- Helping to co-ordinate meetings and conferences including preparation of event programmes and arranging expert speakers.
- Updating online content for client websites.
- Liaison with clients and external stakeholders. Skill/Experience requirements:
- Experience as an administrator or researcher working in a busy office or relevant transferable skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- A strong interest in UK and European current affairs.
- A good degree in a relevant subject.
- Bright, organised and flexible approach, with a cheerful, positive personality.
- Good IT knowledge and experience using MS Office.
- A self-starter who is happy to work in a quiet but demanding office.
- The ability to work on one's own initiative while having an awareness of the limits of the role and client confidentiality.
- The ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate written material, with strong proof-reading skills and excellent attention to detail.
- A demonstrable understanding of UK and EU political processes.
- Fluency in a second European language.
- Practical experience of using Sage, Wordpress and social media.
- Experience of event management.
- Holidays - 28 days (including public holidays)
- Other benefits - stakeholder pension
- What is CLC's company registration number?
- What date is Brexit day?
- What is the name of the current First Lord of the Treasury
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews will take place in mid May 2018 with the start date ideally early to mid-June 2018.Application Details: Please send a covering letter and CV to Chris Lane at the email below. Candidates are also asked to provide an answer to the following questions in their application:
CVs should be sent to: